TimTam, the iconic Aussie bikkie (Australia slang for biscuit) remains Australia's favourite chocolate biscuit. Early March this year, Adriano Zumbo, the famous Australian pâtissier has created a limited editioin of TimTam range in celebration of Arnott's 50th year anniversary. One of them is the Raspberry White Choc which I am using to make this delectable cheesecake.
Ingredients: (Makes 7 individual cheesecakes)Crust:
130g Choc Ripple biscuits or any biscuit of your choice
45 butter, melted
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Process biscuits in a food processor; add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Spoon biscuit crumbs into paper liners and press crumbs firmly over the base of the liners to form a crust. Chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.
125g cream cheese, softened
30g icing sugar
50g Greek yogurt
125g thickened cream, chilled
5g gelatine powder + 40g water
3 raspberry white choc TimTam biscuits, chopped coarsely (60g) + 1 extra for topping
- Fill a small heatproof bowl with 40g cold water. Sprinkle gelatin powder evenly over water to keep lumps from forming. Set it aside for a few minutes until it blooms. Then place the bowl in a hot water bath until it becomes translucent. Ensure that all the gelatin granules have dissolved. Set aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- Beat thickened cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with icing sugar until smooth. Add in yogurt, beating well to combine. Pour in gelatin mixture and beat to combine.
- Using a spatula, fold in whipped cream and chopped TimTam.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the lined muffin pan and sprinkle extra chopped TimTam on top.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator.