Recipe adapted from Amy Beh's Kuih Bangkit
200g cooked tapioca flour
3 pandan leaves
80g caster sugar
20g egg yolk (1)
85g coconut cream
8g butter, softened
- Pan fry tapioca flour together with pandan leaves over medium fire until light and dry (about 20 minutes). Sift and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar and butter until light and creamy and sugar dissolves. Sift in tapioca flour and mix to combine.
- Gradually add in coconut cream, a little at a time and knead until dough is pliable and doesn't stick to your hands. Wrap dough in clingwrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Dust the mould with some cooked tapioca flour and press a small piece of dough into the mould and slice of the excess dough with a knife. Knock out the cookies and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake cookies for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely before storing in an air tight container.
I'm submitting this post to the Bake Along event hosted by
Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Lena of Frozen Wings
and the theme is 'Chinese New Year Cookies'